Zankou Chicken is looking for a highly dedicated controller to lead our finance and accounting team! We're a growing, family-owned restaurant chain seeking a proactive accounting professional who wants to be challenged to learn and grow with our company!
What happens after you join our team?
- First, we'll share our vision with you. This is where you'll learn our goals and strategies, identify operational and organizational opportunities, and envision how you and your team can help build the big picture.
- Second, you will connect the dots. You'll visit a few of our locations and meet the awesome teams that make Zankou not only what it is today, but what it will be tomorrow.
- After weeks of learning our standards and aligning yourself with our culture, you will begin to improve Zankou and take it to the next level. At Zankou, we don’t meet the status quo. We break through it via continuous improvement.
- Spearhead accounting activities to prepare, analyze and report financial statements for Zankou entities and affiliates
- Assess and implement systems and strategies for growth, improvement and efficiency
- Take on full ownership of building budgets and key forecasts, ensuring integrity of the financial results and compliance with relevant company finance policies
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost of sale and increase overall performance, driving improvement by recommending innovative solutions identified through analysis of past and current performance
- Work with company executives to analyze the company’s financial position with respect to profits, trends, costs, sales analysis, headcount, variance to budget and report findings and make recommendations to senior management
- Recommend and monitor an effective internal environment by proper assignment and delegation of duties over direct reports and cooperation with related departments
- Assist and train Restaurant Operations on P&L performance analyses
- Maintain close relationships with company banks, auditors, insurance carriers/brokers and CPA firms
- Manage accounting functions including general accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, fixed assets, A/P, A/R, and invoicing
- Perform monthly reconciliations, post adjusting journal entries, and provide useful variance analysis
- Collaborate with outsourced CPA firm for tax planning and returns
- Organize and maintain vital documents and data
- All other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting
- CPA Certification Preferred
- Restaurant industry experience preferred
- At least 5 years of high level accounting and finance experience
- General understanding of depreciation, partnership accounting and taxation
- Strong technical accounting skills
- ERP experience in either a restaurant or manufacturing company
- Highly proficient with QuickBooks Enterprise and Excel
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under deadlines, manage priorities, delegate tasks, and complete assigned tasks with minimal management follow up
What we offer:
- $95,000 - $105,000 salary
- 95% coverage of individual health insurance
- Up to 3 weeks paid vacation
- Complimentary meals every day
- Exceptional training and tools that will help you succeed
- Fun and challenging environment in a growing company
PRIMARY LOCATION – Vernon, CA
Zankou Enterprises, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Zankou Chicken
For over 50 years, Zankou Chicken has provided Southern California with fresh, high quality, Mediterranean food. Since the very first day our doors opened, it has been our promise to maintain this standard. We have never (and will never) use canned food, freezers, microwave ovens, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Our legendary chicken is all natural and delivered to us daily. Our mouth-watering beef is 100% USDA Choice. Even our bread is baked hot and fresh every morning. We made this promise of quality back in 1962, and vow to keep it for each and every one of our amazing customers.
Currently we operate 8 restaurants in California with our 9th opening in Valencia, CA in early 2018. As we continue to grow we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our amazing team—in both our restaurant team and our corporate office!
What are they saying about Zankou?
• "Best chicken in town at any price." - Los Angeles Times
• "It is a legend." - New York Times
• "Angeleno's Love Affair with this Armenian chain goes back decades." - Los Angeles Magazine
• "11 LA Chains The Rest of the Country Desperately Needs" - Thrillist
We have a recently built a world class campus in Vernon supporting our growing number of restaurants. This state of the art campus fosters a fun and productive learning environment for our production and corporate staff. We aspire to be a leading hospitality employer by offering exciting and rewarding careers to all of our employees!
A quick look at some of our perks and benefits:
• Highly competitive pay
• Free quality meal for every shift
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid vacation
• Opportunities for growth and a fun working environment!
Join us and kickstart your career with the Zankou team today!
Company Website: zankouchicken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)