Zankou Chicken is growing! We are looking for a highly talented, strategic and people-focused General Manager to join our team!
- Identify efficiencies and opportunities to improve the daily operations of your restaurant
- Ensure guest satisfaction by answering questions, making recommendations, and effectively responding to guest complaints
- Challenge, coach, train, and develop team members daily to help consistently deliver the "WOW" experience to every guest
- Recruitment and onboarding of new staff members
- Manage conflicts with a positive and forward-thinking approach
- Monitor and control labor costs through effective labor scheduling, training and retention
- Meet financial goals of restaurant through PNL management, reporting, labor and food cost forecasting
- Direct daily FOH/BOH operations administrative responsibilities
- 3 years of experience as a General Manager
- ServeSafe Certificate
- Have an impeccable understanding of Guest Service and Food Safety
- Proficient with MS suite, and general computer skills
- General knowledge of labor laws
- Highly competitive salary
- 95 coverage of individual health insurance
- Up to 3 weeks of paid vacation
- Complimentary meals for every shift
- Fun and challenging environment in a growing company
- Growth opportunities and tools that will help you succeed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Zankou Chicken
For over 50 years, Zankou Chicken has provided Southern California with fresh, high quality, Mediterranean food. Since the very first day our doors opened, it has been our promise to maintain this standard. We have never (and will never) use canned food, freezers, microwave ovens, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Our legendary chicken is all natural and delivered to us daily. Our mouth-watering beef is 100% USDA Choice. Even our bread is baked hot and fresh every morning. We made this promise of quality back in 1962, and vow to keep it for each and every one of our amazing customers.
Currently we operate 8 restaurants in California with our 9th opening in Valencia, CA in early 2018. As we continue to grow we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our amazing team—in both our restaurant team and our corporate office!
What are they saying about Zankou?
• "Best chicken in town at any price." - Los Angeles Times
• "It is a legend." - New York Times
• "Angeleno's Love Affair with this Armenian chain goes back decades." - Los Angeles Magazine
• "11 LA Chains The Rest of the Country Desperately Needs" - Thrillist
We have a recently built a world class campus in Vernon supporting our growing number of restaurants. This state of the art campus fosters a fun and productive learning environment for our production and corporate staff. We aspire to be a leading hospitality employer by offering exciting and rewarding careers to all of our employees!
A quick look at some of our perks and benefits:
• Highly competitive pay
• Free quality meal for every shift
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid vacation
• Opportunities for growth and a fun working environment!
Join us and kickstart your career with the Zankou team today!
Company Website: zankouchicken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)