Zankou Chicken is looking for a highly talented, experienced and people focused Assistant Manager to join our team! We are a growing, Mediterranean restaurant chain committed to delivering a "WOW" experience to our guests!
This is a critical role in supporting the General Manager with the effective operations of our restaurant. You will act as a role model for restaurant staff, oversee the shift operations across the kitchen and service areas and be the key point of contact for resolving customer complaints or queries – ensuring that we achieve a positive outcome every time!
What you'll do:
- Offers information and suggestions about our menu to the guests
- Ensures product is being prepared, served, and stored to company standard; following all food safety regulations.
- Coach, train and develop team members to meet company standards
- Executes store operations during scheduled shifts
- Monitor and control labor costs through effective labor scheduling, training & retention
- Directs team members to follow all cash management and cash register policies
- Assists in the recruitment and onboarding of new staff members
What we're looking for:
- Restaurant Assistant Management: 1 year; Restaurant Industry: 3 years
- Food Handler knowledge
- Basic Computer knowledge
What we offer:
- Highly competitive pay
- Free quality meal for every shift
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for growth and a fun working environment!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Zankou Chicken
For over 50 years, Zankou Chicken has provided Southern California with fresh, high quality, Mediterranean food. Since the very first day our doors opened, it has been our promise to maintain this standard. We have never (and will never) use canned food, freezers, microwave ovens, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. Our legendary chicken is all natural and delivered to us daily. Our mouth-watering beef is 100% USDA Choice. Even our bread is baked hot and fresh every morning. We made this promise of quality back in 1962, and vow to keep it for each and every one of our amazing customers.
Currently we operate 8 restaurants in California with our 9th opening in Valencia, CA in early 2018. As we continue to grow we are always on the lookout for top talent to join our amazing team—in both our restaurant team and our corporate office!
What are they saying about Zankou?
• "Best chicken in town at any price." - Los Angeles Times
• "It is a legend." - New York Times
• "Angeleno's Love Affair with this Armenian chain goes back decades." - Los Angeles Magazine
• "11 LA Chains The Rest of the Country Desperately Needs" - Thrillist
We have a recently built a world class campus in Vernon supporting our growing number of restaurants. This state of the art campus fosters a fun and productive learning environment for our production and corporate staff. We aspire to be a leading hospitality employer by offering exciting and rewarding careers to all of our employees!
A quick look at some of our perks and benefits:
• Highly competitive pay
• Free quality meal for every shift
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Paid vacation
• Opportunities for growth and a fun working environment!
Join us and kickstart your career with the Zankou team today!
Company Website: zankouchicken.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)